Whether you have accepted Christ recently at NMC or maybe somewhere else years ago, but have never been baptized, we want to celebrate with you!
Baptism is symbolic of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. Once you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, baptism is a way for us to publicly declare our new life in Christ. It is also a step of obedience based on God’s commands and allows us to follow the example of Jesus, who submitted himself to baptism to "fulfill all righteousness." If you have accepted Christ, we would love to baptize you and share this special decision with you to go public with your faith!
NMC's baptism class is a time to meet with one of our Teaching Pastors in a group setting to review our beliefs and ensure you are ready for baptism. At the class we will also schedule your baptism and share more information on the process. To let us know of your interest to be baptized, please complete the form.
We are thrilled that your child has a desire for baptism! In order to help make this step of obedience as meaningful as possible for you and your child, we've prepared the following six steps to help you walk through the process and answer any questions you may have along the way.
1. Register: Choose an upcoming Elementary Baptism Class below.
2. Attend: The Elementary Baptism Class is a 45-minute presentation that is designed for your child and at least one parent. This class will help guide your family discussions on whether or not this is the right time for your child.
3. Complete: Finish the homework from class, and use it as a tool to lead family discussions.
4. Meet: If your child is ready to be baptized, you will both meet with a staff member. They will talk through their salvation decision and share why they want to be baptized.
5. Schedule: This is the next step in working with the staff to set up a baptism date.
6. Baptize: This is the big day! Invite family, friends, and small group leaders to celebrate this amazing event!
We are thrilled that you have the desire to learn more about baptism! In order to help make this step of obedience as meaningful as possible for you, we have prepared a six-step process to help you walk through the process and answer any questions you may have along the way. Please click the link below to be directed to the right class for your student.